Sunday, March 1, 2009




The Teenage Pregnancy Independent Advisory Group also known as TPIAG was set up in 2000 to advise the government on the teenage pregnancy strategy and to monitor its effect. TPIAG was put in place to tackle the causes and consequences of teenage pregnancy.

The teenage pregnancy strategy's goals are to: 

- Cut the rate of conceptions to under 18 by 2010

- Increase the participation of teenage parents in education, training and employment.

Commenting on the teenage pregnancy figures Liberal Democrat Children Spokesperson, Annette Brooke said: "The Government has failed to treat this country's scandalously high teenage pregnancy rate with the urgency it needs. it looks like the progress that had been made is being reversed."

I think that young children need to be listened to in regard to how they want to learn about sex. We need to find out how they feel more comfortable learning and talking about sex education. 

Many people dont know that Teenage Pregnancy is a very complex problem. In other countries they welcome it, but in our western society they present a larger problem.


3 comments:

  1. WOW im the exeption!!! im soo happy! I got preg in high school graduated with my DEPLOMA at 8 mo preg his father and I are eachothers 1 and onlys and we have been together for 5 years our son is now 2 and we own our own HIGH ranking buissness!!! i love my son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not about classifying ALL teen mothers. The point is to make people think about their decisions. Also, it's not about your own life or the way you want to live it - you're making the decision for someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had my son when I was 16 and I don't regret it!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger